To further personalize and enhance your About Page, and entice your audience into your site, you may want to edit your About Page and/or add media to it.
Click the headings below for more on the topic.
By default, the About page is set up with a “shortcode” that simply displays the bio and portrait photo you uploaded during registration. If you wish to edit this placeholder content:
- Go to the thin black bar at the top of the site
- Click “Edit Page”
- Delete “bio_shortcode.” NOTE: deleting the shortcode deletes the bio AND photo.
- Replace “bio_shortcode” with text and one or more images of your choosing.
- Click blue, rectangular “Update” button on the right hand side of the site.
- . Once the page has reloaded, it’s been saved and you can work on other pages.
- To return to the Front End, go back to the thin black bar at the top of the site and click “View Page.”
- After you’d done this, you can edit the About Page like you would a Highlight.
Below you’ll find the “View Page,” “bio_shortcode,” and “Update” locations circled in yellow.
If you encounter any technical difficulties, please submit a help request and we’ll be happy to assist you.
You can edit your About Page similarly to how you’d edit a Highlight, by clicking on .
You can enhance your About Page in the same way you’d enhance a Highlight. To review how to add media such as photos, audio, and video, please visit the Highlights section of the Contributor Manual.