If you are considering joining an Entertainment Community Fund Cohort or Train the Trainers, please click the relevant heading below for important dates and session breakdown:
- 14 Numbered Sessions: September 12 – December 12, 2-5p EST
- No Class October 10
- In observance of Rosh Hashanah, we will not have class September 26 but rather on September 28.
- December 12 will not be 2-5p; it will be 10a-12p (class) and 2-4p (PPAS panel)
- 4 Additional Classes:
- Tech Prep Session (Fellows and Professionals): September 7, 2-5p EST
- Computer Class for Professionals (No Fellows): September 14, 2-3:30p EST
- Prep Session for Fellows (No Professionals): September 21, 2-3:30p EST
- Clearing Rights Review (No Fellows): Late January 2023. Time and date to be announced.
- Publishing Deadlines: The following are the deadlines we’d like our Professionals to aim to be ready to publish their site. Please note that publishing does not mean you can’t add or edit your site anymore. It means you have enough content on your site to share with the public. We want to share your story!
- If not needing assistance from Legal Fellows: December 31, 2022
- If needing assistance from Legal Fellows: April 1, 2023
Click on the underlined date to access the individual session overview, breakdown, prep work, and related resources.
- September 7: Tech Prep Session – Tech & Site Set up and Overview
- September 12: Session 1 – Introduction and Learning Styles
- September 14: Computer Class – Technology and Computer Questions
- September 19: Session 2 – Tech Skills, The About Page, Intro to Audio and Video
- September 21: Fellows Training – Facilitating Oral Histories and Curated Life Reviews
- September 28: Session 3 – Mapping the Legacy Introduction & Clearing Rights
- October 3: Session 4 – Mapping the Legacy: The Grid
- October 10: Session 5 – Conceptualizing, Creating, and Populating the Grid (NO FORMAL CLASS)
- October 17: Session 6 – Highlights and Look/Listen
- October 24: Session 7 – Work Session (NO FORMAL CLASS)
- October 31: Session 8 – Images and Highlights
- November 7: Session 9 – Work Session (NO FORMAL CLASS)
- November 14: Session 10 – Progress Reporting
- November 21: Session 11 – Work Session (NO FORMAL CLASS)
- November 28: Session 12 – Final Touches
- December 5: Session 13 – Work Session (NO FORMAL CLASS)
- December 12: Session 14 – Final Class (*10-12:30 & 2-4p EST)
- Late January 2023: Clearing Rights Review – How to Seek and Report Rights
Train the Facilitators 2022
- Thursdays, June 9-August 4 (8 sessions) from 1-3p EST via Zoom
- *We will not meet June 16.
- *August 4 will be 1-5p EST instead of 1-3p
- June 9 – Session 1: Introduction & The About Page
- June 16 – No Class
- June 23 – Session 2: Mapping the Legacy
- June 30 – Class Cancelled
- July 7– Session 3: Enhancing Your Grid: Highlights and Blogs
- July 14 – Session 4: Enhancing Your Grid: Images and Highlights
- July 21 – Session 5: Galleries & intro to Audio and Video
- July 25 – Session 6: Clearing Rights & Multi-Generational Interviews
- July 28 – Session 7: Customizing Your site & Audio/Video
- August 4 – Session 8: Teaching & Reviewing PAL
This program is ongoing.