For those with interest in creating a site, but aren’t working with an organization, this portal is the right place for you.
Professionals working independently can hire an intern/assistant or have a working partner, such as a spouse, family member, or colleague, work with them to create and publish their site. Professionals are responsible for negotiating and coordinating their assistance.
PAL has a list of Master Fellows who are highly experienced with the site and with assisting Professionals. For more information on hiring a Master Fellow, please click here.
Below is a template for building your site. By providing session breakdowns, assignments, and resources we hope to provide guidance to keep you on track when working independently. We recommend one session a week.
Click on the corresponding session link (in purple) below to access session breakdowns, prep work, and resources.
- Session 1 – Introduction and Learning Styles
- Session 2 – Tech Skills, The About Page, Intro to Audio and Video
- Session 3 – Mapping the Legacy Introduction & Clearing Rights
- Session 4 – Mapping the Legacy: The Grid
- Session 5 – Conceptualizing, Creating, and Populating the Grid
- Session 6 – Highlights and Look/Listen
- Session 7 – Work Session
- Session 8 – Images and Highlights
- Session 9 – Work Session
- Session 10 – Progress Reporting
- Session 11 – Work Session
- Session 12 – Final Touches
- Session 13 – Work Session
- Session 14 – Clearing Rights Review & Publishing