During this review session, we will review the final component needed in order to publish a site: clearing rights. We will review what clearing rights are as well as how to seek and report them.
Click the headings below for more on the topic. To access videos, Contributor Manual sections, and more, please click on the purple links found within the sections below.
Estimated Session Time: 3 hours
Part 1: Legal Rights
- Legal Rights Introduction & PowerPoint
- Legal Rights Guide
- Note that after each section is a “translation” that might be more digestible to those without legal degrees.
- Keeping Track of Your Permissions and Media
- You may have your intern/assistant/working partner reach out on your behalf to rights holders. However, you must be the one who holds onto any paperwork or emails regarding your clearing rights.
Part 2: Publishing
- Publishing Your Site
- How To Submit to Publish & How To Report Changes After Publishing
- Deadline(s) To Publish
- Deadlines might fluctuate based on if Professionals need legal support in clearing rights, how much media they are using, and their ratio of embedding versus linking media.
- If intern/assistant/working partner are used, reminder of how long they are contracted to work. Make sure they are compensated appropriately.
er title=”Prep Work” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
- Clear any rights needed in order to publish your site
- Submit your site for publishing
Session 14 Text and Video Resources
Have any questions or concerns about this week’s session or material? Please share your thoughts using the form below.
« Session 13
» Solo Overview