THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY was founded in 1970 by Crystal Field to realize clear purposes and goals:
- to embody the vision of a center for new and innovative
theater arts that would be truly accessible to the community and its experimental theater artists.
- to discover relevant new writing and to nurture new playwrights.
- to be a bridge between playwright, experimental theater artist, and the ever growing audiences in the community.
- to create spaces where a new vision can breathe and be
nourished by a working process not subject to commercial constraints and
- to create events and ways in which to bring theater into the community and bring the community into the theater.
- to involve disadvantaged youngsters in theater arts in order to focus their energies towards creativity and achievement
THEATER FOR THE NEW CITY is a unique Cultural Institution that has earned a nationwide reputation for its dedication to nurturing established and emerging playwrights who experiment with new forms and to presenting other experimental and developmental theaters with a very active program of Community Art Services and Festivals which continue to expand theater accessibility.
Virginia Asman has been designing the posters for my productions since 1996.